- Paris’ Promenade Plantée: This 3 mile walkway that became a park in 1993 is so beautiful it’s hard to believe it used to be an abandoned viaduct.
- Seoul’s Skygarden: The capital of South Korea recently converted a 1970s elevated highway into a park with over 24,000 plants.
- New York’s Highline: On of the most famous parks in the world, the highline completely transformed an old rail line into a greenspace – a transformation that was inspired by the beauty of the plants that had naturally seeded along the line since its closure in the 1980s.
- Chicago’s Millennium Park: Chicago’s popular park is also one of the biggest green roofs in the world. This recently converted former parking lot has been transformed into a public green space filled with life.
- Boston’s Greenway: When an elevated highway in Boston was moved underground, community leaders seized an opportunity to create now beloved greenspace for the residents of Boston.
Plus check out these 2 projects in Ontario: